To ensure the rights of all persons with disabilities to live and function as independently as possible in the community of their choice, through supporting individual’s efforts to achieve control over their lives and become integrated into community life.
- To promote the philosophy of independent living throughout the Society’s Assets service delivery area, emphasizing consumer control/leadership and ability
- To serve as a centralized point of contact for information, resources and services in the areas needed to maintain independent living
- To be a model employer for persons with disabilities, adhering to accepted affirmative action and equal opportunity principles in all agency programs and facilities
- To encourage and assist local communities in the removal of attitudinal, communication, physical and societal barriers to promote the participation of people with disabilities in their community
- To promote the awareness and full exercise of human, statutory and constitutional rights for persons with disabilities